Chit-Chat Corner Anything automobiles

Old 28-Oct-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
aquaman

Unhappy 3-year-old girl gets caught in car's sun roof and suffocates to death

sad news

pic.jpg

Quote:
Saturday, Oct 26, 2013

CHINA - A 3-year-old girl in China was playing with the sun roof of her father's car, when she got caught in the mechanism and suffocated.

Her mother, Fan Dao Ju, said: "I just hope that this doesn't happen to other families, because it is just too painful to bear."

According to her father, Zhang Bing, the tragedy happened last Saturday. He had been on his way back to his hometown with his daughter, Ling Ling, when they met up with an old friend from the same village.

Mr Zhang gave his friend a ride. As they chatted, Ling Ling stood up, and put her upper body out of the open sun roof. She was playing with the buttons that operated the sun roof's mechanism.

The adults in the car were busy chatting, and did not take notice of the little girl. Some time later, the family friend patted Ling Ling and asked her to come down. Her father, then looked up and saw that her neck was stuck in the partially closed sun roof.

He immediately opened the sun roof to release his daughter, before trying to revive her.

At that time, an ambulance passed by, and the friend hailed it down. A paramedic in the ambulance tried resuscitating Ling Ling for at least 5 minutes, but it was too late.

Mr Zhang told reporters: "She was such a bright little girl, and she was the love of our lives."

Although Mr Zhang admitted that the tragedy happened partly because of his own negligence, but he had demanded compensation from the car's manufacturer as well, as he believed that the car's sun roof did not provide enough safety features.
http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/3-...ffocates-death
aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Oct-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
CarZealot

It's a freak accident, but IMO, they shouldn't have let the child play with the sunroof in the first place.
CarZealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jun-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
habibramzan

Default So Sad For this accident !

I am extremely very sad Father Zhang Bing and Mother Fan Dao Ju of Ling Ling for this tragedy.
I will prey God for blessing her,
At this time I alert's all the dad'es and mum'es Be careful abut their children to avoid this accident.
Thanks to all.
Habib Ramzan
habibramzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Oct-2017, 12:33 AM   #4
Ollison

I hate reading about the freak accidents like this. Such a tragedy.
Ollison is offline   Reply With Quote