Navigation Menu
Discussion Forums
Photo Gallery
Arcade Games
Go Back   SgAUTO > Make & Model Specific Discussions > Japanese Makes

Old 03-Nov-2008, 06:53 PM   #11
paithorn

Hi mindriot,

do you want to consider a very good condition, 1 year old Mit Grandis?
paithorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Nov-2008, 02:16 PM   #12
mindriot

Sorry, no thanks. The only MPV I'd consider is the Delica's I mentioned or possibly a Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo-R.

I'm not really interested in standard MPV's and from what I've seen of Singapore prices I'm certainly not intereted in paying at the latest post 2005 prices for anything.

I'm only interested in the vehicles I have stated really so far.
mindriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-Nov-2008, 02:26 PM   #13
mindriot

Thats what I thought about the STA cert, any piece of paper can be forged, its probably easier than sorting out damage to a car in anything less than the proper way to do repairs to a vehicle.

If the wing panel fit is dodgy, the bonnet panel fit is dodgy and the front plastics are out of place or the fit is odd it tells a story no piece of paper can smooth over and given that nearly all the accidents here are rear ends and side impacts due to aggressive/selfish driving and people driving too close to each other it dosent take a genius to work out the majority of damage will be rear end or front end/front quarter impacts. That in turn leads to questions of engine and subframe damage and consequently mechanical, handling and braking problems.

Its annoying going to dealers, they will always bodge up and tart up cars and TBH I would much rather see the honest car scars and all so I can make my own mind up what to fix and not have things hidden for sale.
Old 07-Nov-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
livestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindriot View Post
Part 1 :

I walked around most of the major places all day, it became clear my way of doing cars is being made impossible (buy old performance car and maintain myself), so I started looking newer. No offence to anyone but the makes and models being imported to Singapore are for the most part way overpriced and dreadful. I started looking for an STI WRX at 50 - 60k, I dont mind an older model as long as its not the bugeye one. This proved hard enough until I thought I'd found one at just over 60k, til I realised it was a 5 speed WRX made to look like STI but what made me seriously dubios was the dealer produced an STA cert for the vehicle! I went round and round all day til I came back to the current one, it was as good as a second hand car gets, a perfect example with all the right things on it, what I'd call a truly "honest" car. I never wanted to pay so much but the dealer was agreeable to an amount up front and working out a loan and seemed to be positive about it. I do not wish to outlay huge amounts of cash at this point in time.

Part 2 :

The dealer came back and told me he had to decrease the loan amount, so I said ok, then he tells me he needs garuntor, this is becoming too much hassle. weve been round and round on the numbers for 3 days. The guy is decent enough but the deal keeps getting worse. I'm at the stage today I want a return to the original numbers at the original terms or I want the deposit I paid to secure the car back immediately.

Conclusion:

My question is this, the dealer told me the deposit is refundable, so I am entitled to the refund or can they wheedle their way out of refunding it as the salesman keeps on putting me off with talk of communicating with his boss about getting a way back to the original deal or finding me another car.

All I want is a vehicle I like, age dosent worry me, I think I'll go back to looking at importing a Delica or finding an old car 20 - 30k max and buy it outright, I hate finance especially where cars are concerned.
So did you manage to get the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paithorn View Post
Hi mindriot,

do you want to consider a very good condition, 1 year old Mit Grandis?
Market really bad huh, selling your own car?

what comes around goes around comes around goes around comes...
livestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-Nov-2008, 09:43 AM   #15
paithorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by livestar View Post
So did you manage to get the car?

Market really bad huh, selling your own car?
Nope, it's my 2nd car...underused......only clocked 7000km after 1 year
paithorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Nov-2008, 02:11 PM   #16
mindriot

Cancelled sale and recovered my deposit, didnt like the way the dealer couldnt stick to the original agreement and kept altering the deal.

Lots changing in my circumstances right now so just as well, probably better to wait a while, plus I'm told the way the markets going its probably best to wait a little while a the values of cars will drop significantly the way things are right now.

Might still be interested in an old car but will wait a while.
Old 07-Dec-2008, 03:46 PM   #17
007bond

Hey, I happen to stumble upon a L300 in the listing section. If you're still interested: http://www.sgauto.com/vehicles/comme...s.php?vid=1838

Quote:
Truthfully theres nothing quite similar to a Delica

The new one is the D:5, not the L400, it dosent match the previous one for capability. The D:5 is more a standard car type on/offroader, i like it but theres no way in hell im paying singapore new car prices. Plus I know every inch and trick with the L400 vehicles and I dearly want another one. Besides I like old cars and most of the modern vehicles available in Singapore are uninspiring or just plain hideous.

Besides, the delica isnt anything like the van, yes its based on the L400 but thats where it ends, the Delica has excellent on road handling and performance and offroad equivalent to the shogun/pajero - its the same underpinnings and mechanicals.

I had one in the UK, it can match a car for luxury, it can fold all the seats away for use like a van - mine doubled as a work vehicle, you wouldnt believe the amount of heavy equipment I transported to ships with mine and theyre great for travelling. My Uk one was a diesel but with the diesel road tax prices here thats totally out of the picture. Besides the petrol dosent have much different fuel economy and has a lot more power.

Theyre also built like a rock to excellent standards and thus are a very safe place to be.

Having said that I'd even consider an older L300 model if it was cheap enough.

As a possible alternative I'm also looking for an old E34 series BMW in either a 525 (M50 engine) or 535 configuration but they also seem to be non existent here Having seen the rarity here the chances of an E34 Alpina also seem to be out too.
Old 09-Dec-2008, 11:42 AM   #18
mindriot

Unless I miss something thats just a ratty standard L300?

If you reread my initial posts I'm looking for among other things a DELICA based on the L300 or L400 body, thats where the similarity ends, similarly thanks to the literal highway robbery in SG I need the PETROL model, I'm not paying 6x the road tax for an oil burner.

Thanks anyway.
Old 11-Dec-2008, 02:05 PM   #19
CarZealot

Quote:
Unless I miss something thats just a ratty standard L300?

If you reread my initial posts I'm looking for among other things a DELICA based on the L300 or L400 body, thats where the similarity ends, similarly thanks to the literal highway robbery in SG I need the PETROL model, I'm not paying 6x the road tax for an oil burner.

Thanks anyway.
Yup, it's a commercial L300, runs on diesel.
CarZealot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3000cc, delica, l400, petrol, spacegear